Virtues of Friday / Jummah ke Fazail
Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim
1. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah led those who came before us away from Friday. The Jews had Saturday, and the Christians had Sunday. Then Allaah brought us and Allaah guided us to Friday. So there is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and thus they will follow us on the Day of Resurrection. We are the last of the people of this world but we will be the first on the Day of Resurrection, and we will be dealt with before all others.
Narrated by Muslim, 856
2. Adam (peace be upon him) was created; on that day he died
3. On that day the Trumpet will be blown and on that day all of creation will swoon
Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1047
4. The best day on which the sun rises is Friday. On it Adam was created, on it he was admitted to Paradise and on it he was expelled therefrom Narrated by Muslim, 1410
5. Friday is the master of days, and the greatest of them before Allaah
6. It is greater before Allaah than the day of al-Adha and the day of al-Fitr
7. There is no angel who is close to Allaah, no heaven, no earth, no wind, no mountain and no sea that does not fear Friday.
Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1084
8. On it is Salaat al-Jumu’ah (Friday prayer), which is the best of prayer (Al-Jumu’ah 62:9)
9. “The best prayer before Allaah is Fajr prayer on Friday in congregation.” (Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1119)
10. One of the special features of Fajr prayer on Friday is that it is Sunnah to recite Soorat al-Sajdah in the first rak’ah and Soorat al-Insaan in the second. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 851; Muslim, 880)
11. Whoever dies during the day or night of Friday, Allaah will protect him from the trial of the grave (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1074)